Lake Butler Hospital’s Friends of Families Respite Care Program provides a great opportunity for caretakers or family members to attend holiday festivities, take a vacation, or just spend an afternoon shopping without worrying about the care of their loved ones.
- Perhaps a caretaker just needs a break from the day-to-day responsibilities.
- Your loved one will be considered a guest at LBH, and will be given round-the-clock care and attention.
- Upon arrival at LBH a guest registration will be completed by a registered nurse that will ask pertinent questions regarding medications, activities of daily living and other personal needs.
- Guests must bring their own medications and medical supplies needed for their care.
- The Respite Care Program at LBH should not be confused with an admission to the hospital requiring the services of a physician, although medical care is certainly available through the emergency room if the need arises.
Unfortunately, insurance does not cover any respite care. LBH charges a daily fee based on the level of care required ranging from Level I (minimal care) to Level V (complete care).
- and $9 per hour thereafter*
- and $13 per hour thereafter*
- and $17 per hour thereafter*
- and $21 per hour thereafter*
- and $25 per hour thereafter*
*If your loved one has Alzheimer’s or advanced dementia, please call (386) 496-2323 ext. 239 or 0 to determine if additional care may be required.